Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
With multiple payers, attorneys, timely filing deadlines, and CMS guidelines, we specialize in lowering A/R days on these complex and time consuming motor vehicle accident claims. Our contingency-based motor vehicle claims collections model has allowed our clients to achieve significant revenue increases and increased flexibility of internal resources. As an advocate for both the patient and the hospital, we have an experienced team of lawyers, paralegals and associates dedicated to every step of our proven method of specialized revenue recovery.
Our Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) Claims Collections Process
- Focusing initial efforts on payment from first-party; also monitoring 837 feeds from providers and clearinghouse partners.
- Coordinating health insurance benefits in timely manner - and within CMS guidelines.
- Following up with third-party insurance and attorneys, filing appropriate liens.
- Reporting to clients' specifications and notes scripting/ access to Kemberton's system.
Our Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Results
Here are typical results realized by clients who have chosen to outsource revenue cycle management and MVA collections or have moved from a generic business process outsourcing partner to Kemberton
increase in number of claims identified
increase in claims paid by non-health payers
increase in % of gross charges paid
Discover how Northern Arizona Healthcare utilized Kemberton to:
- Identify an additional 4,179 claims to pursue for reimbursement
- Convert a full 35% into paid claims, up from just 9%
- Receive an additional $5.3M in payments, a 660% improvement
What really kept me up at night early in my tenure at Northern Arizona Healthcare was knowing that even though we were doing everything we could to get our revenue integrity numbers up, there was still a ton of viable revenue just being abandoned, because it was too difficult or too time consuming or we just didn’t have the specialized staff to collect it. With Kemberton, I know the team will identify every appropriate payer and exhaust every possible avenue, and therefore bring in as much revenue as possible.Ryan O'Hara, Chief Revenue Officer, Northern Arizona Healthcare
The Kemberton difference
Changing the way lost revenue is found
Kemberton sat down with Healthcare Finance News and discussed how the Kemberton difference is helping hospitals collect on previously uncollectable claims, generating millions of dollars that would otherwise be lost.
4 ways hospitals can lower claim denial rates
Kemberton’s President, Brandon Rife, discusses how hospitals can lower claim denial rates. Read these 4 tips to learn how you too can improve revenue cycle performance by lowering claim denial rates.