WORKERS' COMPENSATION CLAIMS
Due to the complexities and time-consuming nature of workers' compensation claims collections, our contingency-based resolution model is an asset to our clients' revenue cycle. We have the staff and expertise required to maximize reimbursement in a timely manner. Our experienced team and proprietary claims processing software have a significant impact on our clients' bottom line on a regular basis.
Our Workers' Comp Collections Process
- Identify or confirm patient’s employer and workers’ compensation carrier as well as filing of accident claim
- Take direct electronic feeds of 837 files from providers and clearinghouse partners, accelerating our ability to submit claims and turnaround cash
- Electronically bill and submit required documentation to workers' compensation carrier
- Follow-up with the workers’ compensation carrier on a regular basis, confirming all necessary documentation was received, until the provider receives payment
- Reconcile payments received against expected reimbursement based on state specific rate table and appeal underpayments
- Report to your specifications and notes scripting/ access to Kemberton's system
Increased WC claims resolved at a higher reimbursement level
Improved claim turnaround time
Improved cash collections
Reduced days in accounts receivables
Redirect your in-house health system staff to focus on more mission-critical revenue cycle operations
These are typical results realized by clients who have chosen to outsource workers compensation claims processing or have moved from a generic revenue cycle management partner to Kemberton for workers compensation claims:
Increase in workers'
compensation accounts identified
increase in workers'
compensation success rates
increase in cash payments
received for workers' compensation
Still not convinced you need us?
Take a moment at your next meeting and simply ask “who is our workers' comp insurer?”
Did anyone raise their hand? Let us help.
Discover how Northern Arizona Healthcare utilized Kemberton to maximize their MVA and WC reimbursements!
Identify an additional 4,179 claims to pursue for reimbursement
Convert a full 35% into paid WC claims, up from just 9%
Receive an additional $5.3M in payments, a 660% improvement
What really kept me up at night early in my tenure at Northern Arizona Healthcare was knowing that even though we were doing everything we could to get our revenue integrity numbers up, there was still a ton of viable revenue just being abandoned, because it was too difficult or too time consuming or we just didn’t have the specialized staff to collect it. With Kemberton, I know the team will identify every appropriate payer and exhaust every possible avenue, and therefore bring in as much revenue as possible.Ryan O'Hara, Chief Revenue Officer, Northern Arizona Healthcare
Kemberton in the News
Changing the way lost revenue is found
Kemberton sat down with Healthcare Finance News and discussed how the Kemberton difference is helping hospitals collect on previously uncollectible claims, generating millions of dollars that would otherwise be lost.
4 ways hospitals can lower claim denial rates
Kemberton discusses how hospitals can lower claim denial rates. Read these 4 tips to learn how you too can improve revenue cycle performance by lowering claim denial rates.